Stations of the Cross Sculpture is a sculpture based on the fourteen crucifixions of Jesus. Jesus Stations of Cross occupies a very important part of the church. It usually appears in churches as a series of 14 small icons or images. In the homes of Catholics or some believers, there would also be fourteen groups of statues.
Why Are Stations of the Cross so Important?
Stations of the Cross commemorate the crucifixion and death of Jesus on the cross. There are 14 stops, each depicting a moment in his journey to Calvary, often through sacred art, prayer and reflection. The practice begins with the path of devout pilgrims through Jerusalem along the Way of the Cross.
Here, let’s talk about the production of Stations of Cross.
Preparation before Making Stations of Cross:
- We would confirm the shape and design of the fourteen Stations of the Cross Sculpture with our customers. Determine which version of the Fourteenth Passion is desired by our customers. Sometimes our clients send us graphic designs. Sometimes we provide graphic designs and finished drawings for our clients to choose from.
- Select the appropriate material. All our Jesus Stations of the Cross Sculpture materials are pure natural marble or bronze. Most of our clients would choose marble. We have a variety of grades and colors of marble for you to choose from. White marble, sunset red marble, Carrara marble, Egyptian beige marble, and other materials.
- Posing according to the picture of the design, then they could know what the statue looks like. In this way, the shape and details of the sculpture could be produced more realistically.
- Before sculpting Stations of the Cross Sculpture, our artists would first sculpt clay models for our clients. This facilitates modification and optimization of details. It also allows our customers to test the quality of our marble sculptures.
- After the clay manuscript is completed, we would carve on the selected marble. We are very professional in these sculptures. Our factory is also nearly 40 years old, we have professional artists to carve religious statues, and our quality could be guaranteed. All the details, especially the faces of the 14 crosses, have been fixed by our top artist Yuan. The top artist Master Yuan is the most vivid sculpture of religious figures in our factory. He not only has superb experience in marble carving. He is also a devout Catholic. He also often makes donations to some churches. Therefore, many of our church customers would appoint Master Yuan for carving.
You could see every one of our Stations of the Cross Sculpture with beautiful detail and vivid facial features and movements. Every statue is lifelike, we could see the whole story, feel the sadness of Jesus and the Virgin Mary, we could feel the despair and loneliness of Jesus, it’s so shocking!
- After the carving is complete, the surfaces of the Stations of the Cross Sculpture are sanded. In this way, the surface of the sculpture would be smoother, and at the same time, there would be a delicate touch.
After the Caving Is Complete:
- We would send videos or photos for your inspection.
- After the inspection is completed, we would carry out perfect packaging.
- According to your needs, choose the appropriate shipping method for you. Generally, sea freight is selected. We also purchase full insurance for your Stations of the Cross Sculpture prior to shipping.
More Other Services:
In addition to the 14-station cross, we also make various religious statues, as well as altars, pulpits, etc. If you could provide us with a picture of the design you like, we could carve the item according to the picture and the size you need. We have done some projects for churches in different countries, just tell us your requirements and we could accommodate you.
Send your message to us:
Post time: 2022-03-17